Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Book No. 63.


A boy waits along the shore of a small island in the Galapagos and, while his father repairs their boat's engine, encounters a variety of native animals included a giant tortoise.

I don't know what's not to love about this book and Lewis's lifelike, captivating water colors, the exotic animals, and the boyish adventure.

And yet, when I opened Nilo and the Tortoise for tonight's read, it felt as though I was the first reader to crack its spine. I keep telling myself that a reality where no one has ever read this book in our library is impossible... but is it? And if that's the case, how many other books have sat on our shelves since purchase, never once read by a child?

And I am suddenly really sad.

- Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...