For now here are a few things to share on twitter to invite your "peeps", PLC, friend librarians, to join in on Shelf Challenge 2017.
Badge to share on Twitter or online:
Another year, and once again we are celebrating School Library Month in April with our 2016 Shelf Challenge.
The Shelf Challenge was started in 2012 by Matthew Winner ( All the Wonders, & The Busy Librarian) as an opportunity to really get to know your collection. In 2015 Colleen Graves (Create, Collaborate, Innovate) took over the Shelf Challenge and this year Kristi Taylor (First Floor Librarian), will be continuing their awesome legacy as we look forward to the Shelf Challenge in April of 2017.
Here is your quest, if you should choose to complete it:
- Find a shelf in your collection to read daily throughout the month of April. Your goal may be to read what you really have on those shelves, find some hidden gems, discover weeding material, or just have fun expanding your PLN on Twitter. (Some librarians choose a shelf in Easy Fiction to read cover to cover, some read a section of Fiction, just by actually looking at the cover, inside and reading a blurb from every book on one shelf in Fiction. Or dive into your Graphic Novels.)
- Sign up for the challenge on the Getting Started Google Form. Attempt reading each book on that shelf for the month of April. Let me know what shelf you are reading and your other info so I can be your shelf challenge cheerleader!
- Share your finds on social media (See links below.)
- When you are done, please fill out this Finished with the Challenge Google Form and let our PLN know how you did!
- Check out our download page for free posters and bookmarks.