Joining up is easy! Just follow these steps:
- Select a section of your library collection to read throughout the month of April.
- Make it manageable and appealing. (I'm planning to read the all of the "A" books in our everybody section, which will include Tedd Arnold and a ton of soon-to-be-discovered favorites. I'm in a brand new school, so I want to start where the collection starts this year.)
- Try to read every book in that section over the course of the month.
- For everybody books, read them cover to cover. For fiction, read the dust jackets or back cover descriptions. For Nonfiction/Informational, choose a section of Dewey and go nuts.
- Share selected gems (and cringes) through a favorite social media outlet, such as Shelfari, GoodReads, or through your blog or Twitter feed (use #shelfchallenge to connect with others). This year we've even got a Pinterest page to which you can contribute!
- Complete this Google Doc so that I can keep track of our participants and cheer you on throughout School Library Month!