Saturday, April 6, 2013

Day 6 of 30. The Grumpalump

Book 38.
Okay, Flannel Friday friends... I know you're out there! Please tell me someone has made a flannelboard adaptation of this charming cumulative tale by Sarah Hayes.

With its rhyming wordplay and persistent playfulness, surely this is a perfect fit.

And the cast of a bear, a cat, a mole, a dove, a bull, a yak, an armadillo, and... wait for it... a gnu! Now, come on! Tell me you aren't smiling right now.

I'm not sure why I hadn't before heard of The Grumpalump (published in 1990), but I am already very much excited to share it with my PreK and Kindergarten friends in the very near future.

This is my favorite find of the 2013 Shelf Challenge by far!

- Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...