Monday, April 22, 2013

Day 22. Pigs to the Rescue

Book 87.
At last! A Shelf Challenge book that toddler boy and I can read over and over and over.

It's been a particularly slow reading season for me during this Shelf Challenge. I'm just not coming across the gems like I did in the L's last year. And while I've read a couple of great books, nothing has had the reread value of Pigs to the Rescue.

If you're new to Himmelman's neo-classic (sequel to Chickens to the Rescue), the story rests on problems occurring day after day on the farm and some do-good pigs determined to save the day. Hilarity ensues.

7+ reads later in just two days and I think we have a new favorite.

"Um, thank you, I think."

- Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...