Welcome to the 2013 Shelf Challenge, an opportunity to explore what's really on your bookshelves and hopefully come out with a couple of treasures along the way.
Joining up is easy! Just follow these steps:
- Select a section of your library collection to read throughout the month of April.
- Make it manageable and appealing. (I'm planning to read the all of the "H" books in our everybody section, which will include Henkes and maybe some other unexpected favorites.)
- Try to read every book in that section over the course of the month.
- For everybody books, read them cover to cover. For fiction, read the dust jackets or back cover descriptions. For Nonfiction/Informational, choose a section of Dewey and go nuts.
- Share selected gems (and cringes) through a favorite social media outlet, such as Shelfari, GoodReads, or through your blog or Twitter feed (use #shelfchallenge to connect with others).
- Complete this Google Doc so that I can keep track of our participants and cheer you on throughout School Library Month!