Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Day 19, 20

Every once in a while, I read a graphic novel with breathtaking art and lyrical wording that leaves me thinking. Other times I might read something that inspires me to create. This simple collection of 3 stories by Shaun Tan did both! I loved the first short story so much that I want to use it to teach poetry and visual metaphor for my middle schoolers and high school students.

Take a peek at "Lost and Found" by Shaun Tan

I also read a graphic adaptation of City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau.  Once again, this adaptation just wasn't made for readers like me, so it's hard to appreciate it.  If a book is going to be made into a graphic adaptation, I like to see more thought brought into the illustrations and more visual figurative language.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...